Monday, September 19, 2011

I Plan to Procrastinate

Many times I find myself really wanting to Grow closer in my relationship with Jesus. The only trouble is that I know it requires some work on my part. Not just any old work but the work that drives me crazy.... Planning.

Planning is sometimes the step that puts a kink in our walk with God. We have the Passion but our Plan must proceed our presumptuous placement of our passion. Okay, that is a lot of P's and yes they were intentionally placed. Let's get real. If you are anything like me then it can be hard to stay disciplined even if the excitement is there. This is where the Plan becomes vital!

Wednesday on the blog we have Tom Pounder Giving a follow up devotional thought on the lesson he gave at Grow (our Sunday night student service) during our new series Suburban Survival. As you might know, his talk was all about the Bible and how it needs to be valuable in our life.

If the bible is to be a massive value in our life then we need a Plan to help Grow that priority. Below is a list or "Plan" of some important stories in the bible that can help get us started. Whether you are a student, parent or someone who happened to stumble upon this blog take the challenge and Plan to Grow.


A Glance at Important Bible Stories 30 Day Plan

Day 1 Genesis 1:1-2:3
Day 2 Genesis 3:1-24
Day 3 Genesis 6:5-7:12
Day 4 Genesis 8:1-22
Day 5 Genesis 12:1-9
Day 6 Genesis 22:1-19
Day 7 Genesis 37:1-11

There are 31  P's listed in this blog.... I think

No comments:

Post a Comment